Search

2011-03-22

The House From Pixar's Up in Minecraft

The House From Pixar's Up in Minecraft

The House From Pixar's Up in Minecraft

This was too cool a sight to pass up.  Somebody created, in painstaking detail, Carl's house from Up in Minecraft.  I'd actually like to see an animation in this style, it would really work in a retro sort of way.  Is CG old enough now to have a retro scene?

In case you've never heard of Minecraft, it's the best video game to come along in ages, an indie sensation, and a colossal time sink.  Also, it's the scariest thing ever - I'm probably going to have a heart attack from all the monsters zapping me from out of nowhere.  Ah, good fun.

2 comments:

Pablo Calculli said...

Daniel, I don't know if you're familiar with the short films of David O'Reilly. Thy're like a retro styled 3d. If you haven't, you should check them out.
I think my favourite, from the ones I have seen, is Please Say Something. Here's the link to vimeo:http://vimeo.com/3388129?pg=embed&sec=&hd=1

Francis Lemelin said...

Ha ha, David O'Reilly was the first name that crossed my mind when I read the blog post. Yeah he's retro, but he's doing so much more than that.

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover